Installation of LITESTONE™
Fixing an edge
- Leave the masking tape on, clean the dust completely before gluing the spare edge as provided.
- Turn the Benchtop over measure 10mm from the edge of your cut and mark with a pencil.
- Using a straight edge, as a guide, cut the Honeycomb structure with a Stanley knife up to the underside of the Benchtop.
- Clean all the Honeycomb structure off the benchtop to prepare for gluing.
- Using a clean cloth, with Methylated Spirits, clean both sides of the stone that need to be glued together.
- When completely clean and dried, apply the glue gently and evenly, on the spare edge, where it is grooved.
- THE GLUE HAS A WORKING TIME OF ABOUT 8 MINUTES (UNDER 22℃. NORMAL ROOM TEMPERATURE) BEFORE IT STARTS TO HARDEN, SO THIS STEP NEEDS TO BE WORKED QUICKLY.
- Gently place the spare edge up against the Benchtop, and manoeuvre it in position by moving it left and right, up and down, so the glue has spread evenly.
- Make sure that the spare edge is placed correctly in position to harden.
- Using your masking tape, tape the Spare edge onto the Benchtop, and allow to bond.
- Using a Blade, run along the top and sides to remove all access glue, whilst holding the spare edge in place.
- After Bonding is complete 20 MINUTES, take masking tape off, and clean with the Blade any access glue off the Benchtop.
- Using a small block of wood, and using Wet Sandpaper, start with sand paper with a 60 grit, and run along all the edges to completely clean all excess glue off the Benchtop.
- Repeat this step, by using a wet 120 grit of sandpaper, until the edge is eased to a smooth finish.
- Now using a wet 400 grit sandpaper, repeat until a semi-polish edge is achieved.
- Now using a wet 800 grit sandpaper, repeat until a polished finished edged is achieved.
- Once edge is completely finished, turn Benchtop over and with the Silicon, fill the gap between Honeycomb structure and Stone. Allow to harden.
- Your Benchtop is now complete.
Easy to install lightweight stone benchtops & Splashbacks.
Stone Bench tops for the price of laminate
DIY & Trades
Perfect for the home renovator, handyman & trades. DIY friendly, for same day install.
Where can I use LITESTONE™
Kitchens, Bathrooms, Laundries, Shower Walls and Feature Walls.
Use as a Benchtop or Splashback.
World's 1st DIY STONE Benchtop
LITESTONE™ is the only lightweight stone product in the world you can pick up in store, take home, cut to required size (if needed) and install yourself all on the same day.
LITESTONE™ is Proudly Australian
For added peace of mind all LITESTONE™ quartz multi-purpose products come with a 10 year Warranty